Most of the new professions that have emerged in recent years are relate to new technologies (3D architect community manager). One is SEO Consultant .What do you do? What is an SEO consultant ?
- SEO is Search Engine Optimization (Search engine optimization) therefore a SEO consultant is someone who advises and helps individuals and businesses improve their presence in search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo …
- I would stress that this optimization does not only refer to the occupied position in search engines, improving conversion (pass readers clients) and the return on investment is also included.
Besides being a SEO consultant you’re also SEM consultant. What is the difference?
- SEM is Search Engine Marketing is to do marketing in search engines, just as with SEO butincluding part payment or advertising of any search engine, and is within minutes to appear in top positions when a potential customer searches our SEO services in Birmingham or products . the main difference between SEO and SEM is that SEO only work part of the organic results (no surcharge)
- Precisely for that cost involved in doing SEM is very important to focus on conversion and ROI, otherwise we would be wasting money.
You have your own consultancy, are freelance. Tell us your story. What did you study?How did you become SEO / SEM Consultant? What services do you pay?
- I am a Computer Engineer and Technical Engineer in Computer Systems.
- I started my professional life as a teacher of programming and web programmer.
- I specialize in SEO Consulting comes from my passion for my vocation for positioning and training.
- Presto miscellaneous services relating to SEO, SEM and social networks ranging from Onpage optimization and generation of external popularity of web analytics and usability to improve results.
What training is needed to be CONSULTANT / SEO / SEM? (College, graduate, specialization courses, etc..)
- There is no specific or regulatory framework for this sector, that is, anyone can be a SEO consultant and nobody will ask any qualifications, another thing is who knows how …
- If there is something paracecido a regulator is SEMPO, although anyone can become a member of SEMPO and do not mean you know SEO
- There is another association in Spain, the IAB Spain has produced a white paper format book that could be treated as a standard.
- Google also has its own recommended book on SEO techniques.
- For SEM for example are no official certifications Adwords
- My advice is that we need to have: knowledge of web programming skills as writers, technical strengths in Marketing and some skill in interpreting statistical data.
One advantage to dedicate a new “relatively” profession is not much competition.How is the profession in the region?
- If there Extremadura companies and professionals working SEO and SEM.
- However I prefer to consider my competition is nationwide in Barcelona, Madrid and Valencia mainly.
- Really more than competition are numerous commercial partners and have interactions with them.
- On the other hand we find as much competition in Extremadura, it is not normal to find enough qualified customers claiming this service in Extremadura.
- I do not mean the above that there is demand in Extremadura, but no qualified demand, ie, normally these customers need a training phase first because the SEO / SEM “will not look good” without the active participation of the client, I put the technology and experience but you need to have a great knowledge of every business that only the client can provide.
Social networking has gained prominence in positioning web so I guess you had to be updated. Is it a profession you have to be continuously formed? Where do you go?(Mobile phone apps)
- Just now I’ve hired an expert in Community Management to meet these new demands, but we can not forget that before Twitter, Facebook and other already existing forums, chats, websites answers … and there were the same tasks for external Popularity that are now on social networks.
- Of course, continuing education is necessary because not only change the communication channels and technologies, so do the users and uses they make of the media.
Finally. An SEO / SEM consultant helps companies occupy the top positions in the search engines. Why Invest in SEO? What are the benefits to businesses?
- We must invest in if our customers are positioning in search engines, otherwise it is absurd. If our customers do not seek our services on the Internet have to invest in other forms of traditional marketing rather than SEO or SEM.
- Mainly small businesses have the opportunity to be so prevalent on the Internet like any large company, and for large companies internet has the advantage of attracting customers at prices much lower than other types of advertising.